Also showing: The Oranges, So Undercover, I, Anna and Confession of a Child of the Century
Sunday 09 December 2012
The Oranges (90 mins, 15)
In this perky, sub-American Beauty comedy drama, Hugh Laurie plays David, a suburban dad who has an affair with the daughter of his best friend, Oliver Platt. It's pleasant but bland, and oddly sexless, given the subject matter.
So Undercover (94 mins, 12A)
Miley Cyrus plays a detective who goes undercover in a sorority house. This vapid comedy didn't get a cinema release in America, for reasons that become all too clear when you're watching it.
I, Anna (91 mins, 15)
Confused, boring murder-mystery starring Charlotte Rampling, and directed, co-incidentally, by Rampling's son.
Confession of a Child of the Century (125 mins, 15)
Decadence has never been as dull as it is in this disastrous French costume drama, starring a sleepy Peter Doherty.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world