DVD & Blu-ray review: Banshee: Series 1 (18)
Various directors DVD/Blu-ray (500mins)
Friday 30 August 2013
Everyone's clearly having a blast on this outrageous HBO show. Antony Starr channels Martin Riggs and Jack Reacher as the former jewel thief who, after being released from prison, makes his way to the corrupt Wild West town of Banshee. He's there to seek out his former partner in crime and “true love” (Ivana Milicevic), but once there he assumes the identity of the new sheriff. A thrilling, absurd, graphic, hugely watchable drama with Ulrich Thomsen's terrifically evil Amish villain.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books