DVD & Blu-ray review: Girls: Season 2 (18)
Various directors DVD/Blu-ray (250mins)
Friday 09 August 2013
“Do you want to make balloon faces?” Adam Driver continues to astonish as uncouth artist Adam, whose leg is in a cast after being hit by a truck. Hannah is tending to him, but she also has a new (Republican) boyfriend. It remains, effectively, the Lena Dunham Show (and she still finds it hard keeping her clothes on) but her best friend, Marnie (Allison Williams), is stealthily stealing the viewer's attention. Funny, poignant and dangerous TV. With Jemima Kirke.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland