DVD & Blu-ray review: Horrible Histories: Series 4 (PG)
Dominic Brigstocke, Steve Connelly DVD/Blu-ray (360mins)
Friday 31 May 2013
CBBC's frequently funny and crude sketch show, which has a mission statement of “making history look less crap”, succeeds in making the past as accessible and enjoyable as possible for children.
The wittiest sketches here are “Historical MasterChef” (“People make food, and we eat the food”), Henry VIII's “Cash in the Abbey”, nerdish cavemen and “Stupid Deaths”. The cast of The League of Gentlemen cameo in this vigorous, inventive show that puts most “grown-up” British comedies to shame.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >