DVD & Blu-ray review: The Car (12)
Elliot Silverstein Blu-ray (92mins)
Friday 19 July 2013
A souped-up car with demonic issues indiscriminately mows down the folk of a small Utah town in this daft horror from 1977. James Brolin and his gloomy set of coppers (including John Marley) are charged with taking the driverless vehicle down. After a strong first half-hour, which attempts to imitate Steven Spielberg's light touch, the plot spins out of control and women get a very raw deal in this muddled film.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government