DVD & Blu-ray review: The Wicker Man: The Final Cut (40th Anniversary Edition) (15)
Robin Hardy Blu-ray (84 mins)
Friday 18 October 2013
“Fair maid, white and red, comb you smooth and stroke your head; how a maid can milk a bull, and every stroke a bucketful!“ The degenerate islanders just can't stop singing, and Edward Woodward's prim, devout copper is rightly perturbed. He's searching for a missing 12-year-old girl, but the inhabitants of this ”heathen“ Scottish island (all seemingly part of an oversexed pagan cult run by wild-haired Christopher Lee) deny ever knowing her. A mother inserts a frog in her daughter's mouth, there are orgies in the graveyard, and much worse in Robin Hardy's powerfully unsettling 1973 masterpiece.
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2014, review: Love is everywhere, actually
The golden age of TV comedy is here
The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
From Marvel to Star Wars: The rise of cinema’s shared universes
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE for 'religious mistakes'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk