DVD & Blu-ray: The Woman in Black (12)
Saturday 16 June 2012
"They're still living in the Dark Ages," claims rational Daily (Ciarán Hinds) about the hysterical village folk warning widowed lawyer Arthur (Daniel Radcliffe, above) about the horror of Eel House Manor.
Daily's wrong, they're right; there's a gaga ghost hell-bent on revenge up there. Susan Hill's unsettling Victorian ghost story scores marks for atmosphere, but Radcliffe lacks the acting chops (his main expression appears to be mild determination) to carry this otherwise proficient British horror.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government