DVD: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (15)
Saturday 20 October 2012
Vampires are so ubiquitous at the moment, you half expect one to emerge in Emmerdale.
Accordingly, we're all familiar now with the rules of the genre, so it's a little odd for this messy effort to ignore some of them – namely these neck biters (led by a bored-looking, underused Rufus Sewell) don't seem terribly bothered by sunlight. Abe Lincoln, according to this CGI-heavy tosh, was not only a canny speechwriter but an avid vampire slayer. Ben Walker makes a convincingly heroic Lincoln, but this is far too po-faced.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 5 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action