DVD: Friends with Benefits (15)
Friday 10 February 2012
Mila Kunis stars in this ghastly and tiresomely foul-mouthed rom-com. She plays Jamie, a New York head-hunter who is dumped for having "big eyes" by a jerk in the opening scene.
Justin Timberlake's whiny-voiced GQ art director, Dylan, is also chucked by an angry John Mayer fan (the excellent Emma Stone, wasted here). They meet, talk rapidly at each other before sleeping together and agreeing to be friends who bonk. This unfunny excrescence even has the gall to take swipes at other, better romantic comedies. The sort of film that makes you lose hope in humanity; plus, it wastes the talents of Patricia Clarkson and Woody Harrelson.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Meet the contestants
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >