DVD: Knight and Day (12)
Friday 31 December 2010
"Sometimes things happen for a reason," Tom Cruise's Roy mysteriously points out to Cameron Diaz's sweet-natured June at an airport.
There's no really good reason why Knight and Day should have happened, though. Cruise, grinning maniacally throughout, plays a rogue "secret agent" who – quite deliberately it seems – involves June in some MacGuffin-fuelled espionage hokum. The FBI think he's "paranoid" and gone bad. Of course, he hasn't. This is like the frothy Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn thriller Bird on a Wire, but without the chemistry. There's none whatsoever. And Roy – ever keen to drug June – is a tad creepy.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love voted Greatest Guitar Riff of all time
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Beyonce MTV VMAs feminist performance: Twitter reacts to singer's 'double standard'
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- < Previous
- Next >