DVD: Michael McIntyre: 'Hello Wembley!', (Universal)
Sunday 15 November 2009
McIntyre has at last found his métier: playing arenas where the audience wants to be entertained and non-believers stay away.
Having seen the chubby-faced comic in various pubs, where he didn’t always fare well, and on TV’s Mock the Week, where he seemed lost amid Frankie Boyle’s vitriol, it is pleasing to watch him here, playing Wembley Arena, where he is, simply, warmingly funny, his breathless delivery and Tiggerish bounding drawing as many laughs as his original yarns.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’