DVD review: What Richard Did
Saturday 06 April 2013
What Richard Did is a small but intense piece of psychological drama about pampered teenagers from a well-heeled district of south Dublin.
It's not much of a giveaway to reveal that the film's protagonist, Richard, does something, and something rather bad, though the incident itself is less shocking than its repercussions. As for the young cast, they're terrific, their ensemble scenes having the sort of improvisational feel that's notoriously difficult to pull off.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests