DVD review: What Richard Did
Saturday 06 April 2013
What Richard Did is a small but intense piece of psychological drama about pampered teenagers from a well-heeled district of south Dublin.
It's not much of a giveaway to reveal that the film's protagonist, Richard, does something, and something rather bad, though the incident itself is less shocking than its repercussions. As for the young cast, they're terrific, their ensemble scenes having the sort of improvisational feel that's notoriously difficult to pull off.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture