DVD: The Look of Love
Saturday 17 August 2013
Michael Winterbottom's jaunty Paul Raymond biopic stars Steve Coogan as the billionaire property baron, strip-club impresario, and girly-mag publisher.
There is some Alan-Partridge-does-porn fun to be had along the way, but Winterbottom's gossipy romp is frustratingly superficial. If Raymond had any deeply-held views on pornography and feminism, or any flair and ambition as a businessman, there's no sign of them here.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scotland independence vote: Everything you ever wanted to know about life after the result
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 5 Tyler, The Creator says having the new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: New picture of Anastasia Steele revealed
X Factor 2014 review: Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole clashed over Rouge Kiss
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode to date
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly