DVD: While The City Sleeps (PG)
Friday 03 September 2010
This was released into cinemas at the same time as Sex and the City 2. While the latter was crucified by critics, the former was met with a so-so reception.
On behalf of women everywhere, let me say this: what an injustice. Sex and the City 2 was awful – but so is HTTM, which has so little to recommend it, you spend the entire time wondering why John Cusack chose it. Was it the 1980s flashbacks? Anyway, the plotline is self explanatory: a bunch of ageing guys head off for a ski break, hit the hot tub and – hey presto – wind up in the 1980s. And guess what? When they were young, life was more fun. Cue excessive toilet humour and unimaginative sex scenes. Best used as a screensaver.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin