Eagle eye (12A)
DJ Caruso (117 mins) starring Shia LaBeouf, Billy Bob Thornton, Michelle Monaghan
Friday 17 October 2008
Portentous nonsense, and loud with it.
Shia LaBeouf stars in this wrong-man conspiracy thriller as Jerry, a photocopy shop assistant who's framed as a terrorist and goes on the run with frantic single mum Rachel (Michelle Monaghan). It seems that the US military is being sabotaged from within by a HAL-like super-computer named Eagle Eye, which has already done for Jerry's twin brother. Billy Bob Thornton plays the FBI man in hot pursuit, though acting chops soon take a back seat to director DJ Caruso's moronic appetite for car pile-ups and deafening explosions. Tony Scott was doing this sort of cyber-conspiracy stuff ten years ago, and it wasn't much cop even then.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >