Everything or Nothing: the Untold Story of 007, Stevan Riley, 98mins (12A)
Starring: Albert R Broccoli, Dana Broccoli, Ian Fleming
Released to mark 50 years of Bond (the first 007 picture Dr No was released in 1962) and in time for Skyfall, the latest, this behind-the-scenes documentary pays tribute to three men: Ian Fleming, who invented the world's most enduring spy; and two producers, Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli, whose combined energy helped bring Fleming's books to the screen.
It's an official, family-starring affair, a little ploddy and reverential but smart in its use of clips and interviews. Best in show: Roger Moore, getting the biggest laugh with his rueful recall of what Bond did to a young extra on Live and Let Die.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin