Film review: Epic
Dir. Chris Wedge. Voices Amanda Seyfried, Colin Farrell, 102mins
Friday 24 May 2013
In the frantic new digital animation from Blue Sky studios, which also produced Ice Age and Rio, an American teenager is miniaturised and becomes involved in an age-old battle for the life of a forest waged between the "Leafmen" – warriors small enough to ride on the backs of kingfishers – and the goblin-like "Boggans".
The animators have outdone themselves and every frame is alive with lush verdancy, even if the story is pretty boggan-standard.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >