Fred Claus (PG)
Friday 30 November 2007
Advance Christmas Turkeys, Part II. I had wondered, given that Paul Giamatti and Vince Vaughn star, whether this might be another Bad Santa. Some hope. They play, respectively, Santa Claus and his shiftless chancer of a brother Fred, estranged for years but now reunited in a struggle against an "efficiency expert" (Kevin Spacey) who wants to close down the North Pole. The message is, inevitably, one of peace, love and understanding, and there's nothing funny about that. The actual effect of films such as this, however, is to put you in an entirely non-Christmas, non-joyous and non-charitable mood.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage