Grown Ups (12A)
Wouldn't cinema be a kinder, happier place without Adam Sandler in it?
The US box-office offers a resounding "no", so here comes another of his unspeakable comedies, this one about five guys reuniting 30 years on from high-school and discovering that "growing older doesn't mean growing up". Chilling words. Sandler plays an alpha-male Hollywood agent who hosts a lake-house weekend for Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider, each contributing his own utterly unhilarious schtick to beat us with, while Sandler's abysmal script cooks up a bite-sized moral for the finale. Groan ups, more like.
Arts & Ents blogs
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
Sat in a hotel lobby amidst a music conference in Aarhus around 4am in is a great way to argue, and ...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.