Hobo With A Shotgun (18)
Starring: Rutger Hauer, Pasha Ebrahimi, Robb Wells
Friday 15 July 2011
This apparently began life as a trailer for a fake grindhouse movie, much as Roberto Rodriguez's Machete did. Jason Eisener, tongue half in cheek, delivers a splatter movie that ought to have the old "X" rating after it.
Rutger Hauer plays the nameless hobo who arrives in a town run by a vicious crime family with the police in their pocket. So grotesque is their depravity that Rutger decides enough is enough, picks up a shotgun and starts delivering justice "one shell at a time". Shot in acid yellows and Hallowe'en reds, it stomps over any notions of good taste and credibility after roughly five minutes.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures