Hobo With A Shotgun (18)
Starring: Rutger Hauer, Pasha Ebrahimi, Robb Wells
Friday 15 July 2011
This apparently began life as a trailer for a fake grindhouse movie, much as Roberto Rodriguez's Machete did. Jason Eisener, tongue half in cheek, delivers a splatter movie that ought to have the old "X" rating after it.
Rutger Hauer plays the nameless hobo who arrives in a town run by a vicious crime family with the police in their pocket. So grotesque is their depravity that Rutger decides enough is enough, picks up a shotgun and starts delivering justice "one shell at a time". Shot in acid yellows and Hallowe'en reds, it stomps over any notions of good taste and credibility after roughly five minutes.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >