Hobo With A Shotgun (18)
Starring: Rutger Hauer, Pasha Ebrahimi, Robb Wells
Friday 15 July 2011
This apparently began life as a trailer for a fake grindhouse movie, much as Roberto Rodriguez's Machete did. Jason Eisener, tongue half in cheek, delivers a splatter movie that ought to have the old "X" rating after it.
Rutger Hauer plays the nameless hobo who arrives in a town run by a vicious crime family with the police in their pocket. So grotesque is their depravity that Rutger decides enough is enough, picks up a shotgun and starts delivering justice "one shell at a time". Shot in acid yellows and Hallowe'en reds, it stomps over any notions of good taste and credibility after roughly five minutes.
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
The late Peter O'Toole shines in 'Katherine of Alexandria' despite illness
JK Rowling releases new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
The funniest joke at Edinburgh Fringe 2014: Tim Vine wins for second time
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head