Laurence Phelan reviews Chasing Mavericks (PG)
Dir. Curtis Hanson, Michael Apted Starring Gerard Butler, Jonny Weston, 116mins
Friday 05 July 2013
Gerard Butler plays a weirdly angry beach-bum philosopher who turns all Mr Miyagi when he agrees to mentor a fatherless teen, show him how to surf some mythical big waves, and teach him the four “foundation pillars of surfing”.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >