Our Family Wedding (12A)
Friday 18 June 2010
If you think that title sounds bland, wait till you see the movie.
Two young Angeleno college graduates (America Ferrera, Lance Gross) want to get married – she's Hispanic, he's black – and once their respective families are over the shock there's the mother of all dingdongs about who runs the wedding. Most of the hostility is parcelled out between the couple's dads (Forest Whitaker, Carlos Mencia), though there's some old-school racist sniping in the wings from the Latina grandma. On and on it goes, truly, badly, meekly, before reaching the slapstick climax of a Viagra-chowing goat running amok through the nuptial feast. Laugh? You'll have seen funnier divorce proceedings.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans