Requiem for a Killer (12A)
You'll never scoff at Midsomer Murders again. Mélanie Laurent plays a beauteous opera singer who also happens to be a top assassin: check the way she poisons a communion wafer in the church vestry and places it just so for her victim to swallow.
Next for the chop is a British baritone performing at a lakeside music festival in Switzerland, whither an ex-special ops agent (Clovis Cornillac) has been sent to foil her.
A sort of intrigue plays out, with Laurent's skills tested to the limit when a fatally dosed bottle of claret is drunk by three men instead of one. Zut alors!
The pompous elegance of the setting and the stilted acting call to mind those Ferrero Rocher ads of the 90s, only with this particular bonbon, director Jérôme Le Gris is definitely not spoiling us.
Books And it is whizzpopping!
MusicThey're running their own restaurants
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lord Sewel quits: Peer 'boasts of having sex with BBC presenter and seeing 13 mistresses'
- 2 Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
- 3 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Polish court orders bank to repay drugged man after he spends £23,400 in lap dance bar
Inside Out: Pixar makes crucial change for Japanese audiences by editing out broccoli
Watch Tom Cruise lip sync to The Weeknd (seriously)
Top Gear cleared by Ofcom over Jeremy Clarkson's use of the word 'pikey'
Game of Thrones season 6: New toy line suggests Jon Snow is not among the dead
Amazon UK launch Prime Music streaming service to rival Spotify and TIDAL
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park