Resident Evil: Extinction (15)
Friday 12 October 2007
Apocalypse, like, whenever. The third to be based on the "gaming phenomenon" of the same title, this drama of survival plays out in vast desert spaces where zombies scavenge for food and humans travel in convoys, avoiding the cities.
Milla Jovovich plays a Lara Croft-style ninja warrior, while Iain Glen is the evil genetic scientist who's pursuing her. One or two good action sequences keep boredom at bay for a while, but so little of it is fresh that extinction can't come too soon.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke