River Queen (114 mins, 15)
Sunday 17 February 2008
Samantha Morton stars in this jumbled would-be epic set in New Zealand in the late 1800s when Maoris were fighting the British. It's obviously been cobbled together from bits of footage and is about as coherent as Kiefer Sutherland's poorly dubbed Oirish brogue.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >