Sky Kids: All The Time In The World (PG)
Starring: Jessica Alba, Rowan Blanchard
Friday 19 August 2011
The mind boggles before being lulled into a stupor of inanition by this latest instalment of Robert Rodriguez's increasingly cheap-looking franchise.
Jessica Alba is a world-class superspy but can't bond with her snitty pubescent daughter, whose taste for practical jokes and whiny sense of entitlement ought to earn her a slap – alas, it never comes. Jeremy Piven plays a megalomaniac who purposes to "steal time" from the world so that he can – er – bond with his dead father? Pointless trying to make sense of its cretinous plotting, but perhaps savour the irony of a film about stolen time that robs 89 precious minutes of your own.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are