What Happens in Vegas (12A)
Sunday 11 May 2008
Don't waste your time with all the preposterous contrivances that open What Happens in Vegas, but the upshot is that two young, single New Yorkers are forced – by a judge's ruling, believe it or not – to share a spacious apartment for six months, at the end of which they'll be awarded $1.5m each.
So what's the problem? Well, the problem is that they're both insanely obnoxious, and so they devote their every waking moment to ruining each other's lives (before they fall in love, of course). Supposedly the fact that these two morons are played by Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher is meant to be enough to make viewers long for a happy ending, as opposed to a double suicide.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland