World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries (18)
Friday 24 June 2011
This catchily titled genre piece envisages – ho-hum – another apocalypse in which England is overrun by now-familiar legions of the living dead.
Putting up a fight is a group of Territorials, who dodge the "hostiles" across the snowbound countryside as well as the armed bandits – yet more wannabe horrors in thrall to Cormac McCarthy's The Road. The "diaries" part refers to the videocam wielded by one of the survivors, as ever an unlikely recording presence when everyone else is running and screaming.
game of thrones reviewWarning: spoilers
North London meets The Exorcist in eerie suburban drama
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
In defence of liberal democracy
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils