Rhys Ifans cast as Spider-Man's villain
Tuesday 12 October 2010
The new Spider-Man film cast is shaping up with Emma Stone (
Easy A) and Rhys Ifans from the upcoming
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows joining the film, set to feature Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man.
Ifans ( Notting Hill, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Pirate Radio) will play the villain in the new reboot. The press release stated, "The filmmakers prefer to not reveal which character Ifans will be playing in the forthcoming film."
Marc Webb, who directed last year's sleeper hit (500) Days of Summer, will direct the new Spider-Man film, which is slated for a 3D release on July 3, 2012.
The actor will appear in Passion Play, starring Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox, about an angel saved from the clutches of a ruthless gangster by a trumpet player down on his luck. Also, he stars in Roland Emmerich's Anonymous (2012) - about who really wrote Shakespeare's plays - with Vanessa Redgrave and Derek Jacobi.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >