Schwarzenegger's back as Terminator
Wednesday 27 April 2011
Since Arnold Schwarzenegger left his role as governor of California in January, he returned to Hollywood and now plans to resurrect his signature role as The Terminator in the successful sci-fi franchise, it was announced on April 26 by Deadline.
Schwarzenegger has released a Terminator film every decade: the original in 1984 directed by James Cameron, the sequel Terminator 2: Judgment Day in 1991, and then 2003's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
The fourth installment will feature the politician/actor and will be directed by Justin Lin of the current hit Fast Five from the "Fast & Furious" film series.
In 2009, the director McG made Terminator Salvation starring Sam Worthington ( Avatar) as the cyborg and Christian Bale as John Connor.
Schwarzenegger last appeared in a cameo in Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables and recently announced the development of his superhero cartoon series called The Governator, based on his life as body builder and politician.
A mysterious rap singing the praises of Nigel Farage's party has appeared on YouTube
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Arts & Ents blogs
Paul Walker death: Filming of Fast and Furious 7 on hold following death of actor
Ten adverts that shocked the world
Christmas TV 2013: Downton Abbey special details revealed
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do