Twilight’s 'Eclipse' tops advance ticket sales for 2010
Tuesday 29 June 2010
Midnight showings of
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse on Tuesday night account for 82 percent of daily advance ticket sales on Fandango, the top online movie ticket seller in the US. It has been in its top five since May 14.
Reflecting the habits of Twilight fans, according to the company's survey of more than 1,000 Eclipse ticket buyers:
- 69 percent say the positive internet reviews increased their interest in Eclipse
- 58 percent plan to see it more than once
- 45 percent plan to see the movie with groups of friends
- 28 percent will see it on a date
- 33 percent are 24 or younger
- 34 percent are age 25-34
Besides Twitter buzz and positive reviews online, film trade publications also agree: according to The Hollywood Reporter, "It took three films, but The Twilight Saga finally nails just the right tone in Eclipse, a film that neatly balances the teenage operatic passions from Stephenie Meyer's novels with the movies' supernatural trappings."
Variety also gives the film high marks: "Pic feels the most cinematic of the series so far by focusing on what works: the stars."
Another US-based online advance ticketing company, MovieTickets.com, also states that Eclipse is the top advance ticket seller on its site, with more than 50 percent of daily ticket sales.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
Dheepan, film review: Palme d'Or prize goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Game of Thrones, The Gift, Season 5, Episode 7: Why two of the show’s most iconic characters just met
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland