Going Out: Pop: The Cardigans
Saturday 24 April 1999
around, the Top Ten of the albums chart since it was released in October, and that album's rocky riffs have helped attained a huge American audience. The Cardigans in 1999 are a more noisy affair than their previous, more dreamy pop, but there are still tunes aplenty guaranteed.
Civic, Wolverhampton (01902 552 121) Mon; Royal Albert Hall, London SW7 (0171 589 8212) Thur.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Interstellar: What we know about Christopher Nolan's new film so far
The Apprentice 2014: Nurun Ahmed and Lindsay Booth sent home in double firing
JK Rowling to publish new Harry Potter story online for Halloween
Miranda Hart confirms eponymous sitcom has come to an end as she bows out on a 'high'
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt stars in visceral and brutally ugly drama that reminds us war is hell