Latitude 2013: Five minutes with... Moon Duo
Thursday 21 March 2013
Cosmic travellers Moon Duo aren't just wizards of trippy space rock - they're also the headliners of Latitude's iArena stage, sponsored by i. We caught up with them to ask a few key questions
1. Which latitude are you on right now?
37.8 ° S, 145 °E: Also known as Melbourne, Australia. We're on tour down here.
2. Sum up what you do for us in one sentence for anyone who might not know...
We play rock and roll music.
3. What’s the best thing about performing live?
I love the immediacy, the way it welds one's consciousness to the moment at hand.
4. Do you have any pre-show rituals?
Usually just chilling backstage.
5. What’s your best festival story for us? The stranger the better!
We played Milhoes Em Festa in Portugal last year. It was the height of summer, late July, and we went on at about four o'clock in the afternoon. The heat was thick and dense. The stage was set to the side of a swimming pool the size of a small lake. There were scads of people there, all in swimsuits. Most of them were in the pool, dancing and writhing throughout our set. We were sweating buckets, the sun hammering down on us, and the whole seen took on the kind of wavy shimmering that only intense heat can manifest. It was surreal and bacchanalian and awesome. We had never played for almost-nude audience before.
6. Tell us a something you’ve never told an interviewer before...
I'm deathly afraid of snakes.
7. What’s your signature cooking dish?
Salt and pepper tofu with rice and spicy kale. Also chocolate chip
8. What book/film/record etc. changed your life and why?
Suicide's first album completely redefined my understanding of what a keyboard is for.
9. Knock Knock... who’s there...
Monica, dear, that was a precious little story. Now be sweetheart and fetch Mommy another martini.
10. And lastly, summarise Latitude in three words
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 3 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
Cilla, episode 3, ITV - review: Ed Stoppard steals the limelight as Beatles manager Brian Epstein
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Jungle Book: A tale as old as time
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >