Latitude 2013: Five minutes with... Wave Machines
Wednesday 27 March 2013
Wave Machines' lead singer Tim Bruzon takes time out of his secret rock music schedule to answer a few crucial questions ahead of this year's Latitude Festival.
1. Which latitude are you on right now?
In Liverpool, at home.
2. Sum up what you do for us in one sentence for anyone who might not know...
Sing, play, program music with friends here in the North West, fronting Wave Machines.
3. What’s the best thing about performing live?
Enjoying the months of hard work you put into nailing the songs again and again.
4. Do you have any pre-show rituals?
Mainly just avoiding small talking to people - I'll go off on my own to do vocal warm ups and evade potential chat.
5. What’s your best festival story for us? The stranger the better!
I saw Vidar (our drummer) disappear suddenly behind a stage at a Festival in Norway. It was poorly lit and he walked off a platform and fell about eight feet into the darkness narrowly missing some upended scaffold linkage at the bottom. We laughed at the time because we were steaming drunk.
6. Tell us a something you’ve never told an interviewer before...
I love you.
7. What’s your signature cooking dish?
If you're lucky I'll do you pork belly. Then you'll love me back.
8. What book/film/record etc. changed your life and why?
The Doors, Hello I Love You. Someone at school was trying to work out how to play it on the guitar and I realised I could do it. I didn't stop trying to work out how to play songs after that.
9. Knock Knock... who’s there...
Probably just someone flyering for Kebab-burger-chicken. I'd get one of those 'no junk mail' signs but I secretly fear it will somehow make things worse.
10. And lastly, summarise Latitude in three words
Hot sexy times.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up – and Iain goes into meltdown
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >