Letter: As others see us
Thursday 17 June 1999
Go along to a "Britain in Europe" information point and you will soon find that many people are grateful to discover some factual information about the euro and the EU which has been kept from them for years by both this government and, in particular, its predecessor. And, of course, much of the press is in the hands of people with a Little England outlook who are determined to suppress any positive information on EU matters.
Suggest that the Government should be more forthcoming and there are howls of protest from the sceptics that taxpayers' money is being spent on disseminating propaganda or would be wasted ahead of any referendum. There is no real alternative to those who believe in the wider European vision standing up and keeping on saying so.
Vice-Chair, NE Hants branch, European Movement
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2014, review: Love is everywhere, actually
The golden age of TV comedy is here
The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
From Marvel to Star Wars: The rise of cinema’s shared universes
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk