Letter: Battles over Kosovo
Thursday 22 April 1999
True: but not the point at issue. In Serbia crime is the very basis of state policy. Arson, rape and murder have been organised and systematically practised on a mass scale year after year against one "enemy" after another: Bosnians, Croats, now Kosovars.
When counter-crimes are committed by others Belgrade's propaganda machine duly records them so that those who serve it can cite them as evidence that "the Serbs" are unfairly singled out. And so the infernal game goes on, year after dreadful year.
Not just Kosovars, Bosnians and Croats but the whole civilised world has now seen through this game. With all due respect to Mr Ovenden, the game is up.
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories