LETTER: Deer management
Thursday 22 October 1998
This was a very exhaustive study over a period of 18 months. The work of Professor Bateson and his assistants was monitored at every stage by an independent panel of 14 assessors, which included members nominated by both the League Against Cruel Sports and what was then the British Field Sports Society.
The hunts accepted the methodology and co-operated with the project: it was only after the results were published that they started crying "foul!"
Mrs DIANA WILSON
Conservative Anti Hunt Council
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >