Letter: Embassy bombing
Friday 04 December 1998
The fact that the Israeli embassy security video cameras were apparently not working on the day of the explosion is strange.
The well-publicised revelations by the former MI5 employee David Shayler included one stating that MI5 was in receipt of enough information about the embassy bombings to have prevented them. Now, however, the Crown Prosecution Service is applying for Public Interest Immunity hearings which will withhold this information from Samar Alami and Jawad Botmi, the two convicted of conspiring to cause explosions and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment, and also from their lawyers.
Justice demands that all this information should be released without further delay. If the British Government and judicial system refuse this, Ms Alami and Mr Botmi, who have always protested their innocence, are being deprived of potentially crucial grounds for their appeal.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Game of Thrones actress begs for 'other princess work' after Myrcella Baratheon part is recast
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Palestinian artists transform smoke-filled Gaza into symbol of resistance
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >