Letter: Embassy bombing
Friday 04 December 1998
The fact that the Israeli embassy security video cameras were apparently not working on the day of the explosion is strange.
The well-publicised revelations by the former MI5 employee David Shayler included one stating that MI5 was in receipt of enough information about the embassy bombings to have prevented them. Now, however, the Crown Prosecution Service is applying for Public Interest Immunity hearings which will withhold this information from Samar Alami and Jawad Botmi, the two convicted of conspiring to cause explosions and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment, and also from their lawyers.
Justice demands that all this information should be released without further delay. If the British Government and judicial system refuse this, Ms Alami and Mr Botmi, who have always protested their innocence, are being deprived of potentially crucial grounds for their appeal.
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
The late Peter O'Toole shines in 'Katherine of Alexandria' despite illness
JK Rowling releases new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head