Letter: Free to overdose
Tuesday 10 November 1998
As an ENT theatre sister at Kings College Hospital, I cannot count the times we had to tracheostomise young girls, from the liver failure unit, who had taken overdoses of paracetemol after a tiff with their boyfriend, with exam worries, or just when they wanted someone to notice them.
The availability of Paracetomol in small quantities will hopefully do much to end these tragic and avoidable deaths. I am amazed that S Antczak (letter, 9 November) puts his freedom above other people's lives.
JUDY MEWBURN RGN
Arts & Ents blogs
Dennis Hopper's lost sixties photo album found
The Independent Bath Literature Festival: 'Top Gear' makes Saudis look liberal, Kirsty Wark tells book festival
Stewart Lee: Beware - this man may be only joking
Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
100 WEIRD YEARS
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability