Letter: Hoddle in the dock
Wednesday 03 February 1999
While in Moldova for the World Cup in September 1996, Mr Hoddle spearheaded a highly successful public appeal to help disabled girls living in appalling conditions in the Hincesti orphanage. Mr Hoddle, the England squad and the Football Association together donated pounds 20,000 to relieve the plight of the girls.
Thanks to this support, the European Children's Trust was able to save more than twenty lives that winter.
The European Children's
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >