Letter: Pay and display
Saturday 03 April 1999
On my homeward journey on Tuesday evening I could see the staff preparing for, it now transpires, the Longbridge announcement ("Rover plant rescued by pounds 150m grant", 1 April). All of the forecourt vehicles were being re- arranged.
By Wednesday morning a selection of Rover vehicles were set before the ladies and gentlemen of the press. The BMWs remained inside.
The following morning the forecourt was back to normal - not a Rover in sight.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Eminem, Drake and Jay Z among Spotify's most-streamed artists of 2013
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert