Letter: Real sex education
Ms Lewis seems to suggest that sex education means providing comprehensive information about contraception. But what about the relationship established by sexual intercourse, that most intimate communication; what if Zak becomes bored by Chloe's desire for affection and security; what becomes of Chloe and her "defiant vulnerability" if she discovers that the relationship has ended as suddenly as it started?
Surely these are the real issues of sex education, and if they are of no concern to either Zak or Chloe, is this not an alarming state of affairs? Sixteen-year-olds may talk big, but they still look, however secretively, to adults for direction. They seek the bread of wisdom, and we give them a condom!
The Rev BERNARD O'CONNOR O.S.A.
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.