The Barometer: What's hot and what's not
Friday 24 October 2008
We can't think of a better avant-pop music combination than Björk and Thom Yorke on the Icelandic songstress's new track Naturra. And it's in aid of the environment.
Frieze Art Fair showcased work from more than 1,000 contemporary artists, including Norma Jeane's smoking booths for visitors.
The Canadian band's new album Missiles is one of their best orchestral melodramatic indie-rock records yet.
Expensive comedy tickets
Sarah Silverman, Ricky Gervais and Steve Coogan: hands up! In these economically challenging times, £40 for a show is not cool.
Everyone knows Eurovision is a bit of fun, so why have we lined up Andrew Lloyd Webber to pen our next entry?
AC/DC's 'Black Ice' is just being sold at Wal-Mart. Anything to do with the reported 400,000 illegal downloads?
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world