The Playlist: Jay -Z / Pond / Chvrches
The songs that are hot on our playlist this week
All the Tired Horses
The 10th instalment of Dylan's Bootleg Series is to focus on 1969-71 – an awkward, experimental time that saw Bob pen a number of critically panned but artistically rich tracks.
Featuring Mike Posner on vocals, this is a rich, bombastic track with an emphasis on a thick, heavy drum hook. DJ Boaz Van De Beatz also appears.
End of Time
Haunting and ethereal, this track is one of the best we've heard in 2013. Ellen Murphy's voice is gorgeous throughout.
A dark critique of playing in a modern band, “Wave Forms” is both brutally honest and full of mystery. Islands can expect more critical acclaim.
This North Carolina native (above) makes hook-laden guitar pop that is charming and sophisticated.
T-Model Theme Song
Ford didn't record until 1997, but his death last week marked a significant point in blues history. He was a contemporary of Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- < Previous
- Next >