The Playlist: Jay -Z / Pond / Chvrches
The songs that are hot on our playlist this week
All the Tired Horses
The 10th instalment of Dylan's Bootleg Series is to focus on 1969-71 – an awkward, experimental time that saw Bob pen a number of critically panned but artistically rich tracks.
Featuring Mike Posner on vocals, this is a rich, bombastic track with an emphasis on a thick, heavy drum hook. DJ Boaz Van De Beatz also appears.
End of Time
Haunting and ethereal, this track is one of the best we've heard in 2013. Ellen Murphy's voice is gorgeous throughout.
A dark critique of playing in a modern band, “Wave Forms” is both brutally honest and full of mystery. Islands can expect more critical acclaim.
This North Carolina native (above) makes hook-laden guitar pop that is charming and sophisticated.
T-Model Theme Song
Ford didn't record until 1997, but his death last week marked a significant point in blues history. He was a contemporary of Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf.
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate