Your guide to 2010's best festivals
Thursday 13 May 2010
From the world-famous likes of Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds to the latest niche-interest and boutique events, the UK has always had a rich tradition of hosting music festivals during its balmy southern months. These days, though, there are so many different events on offer that sorting the wheat from the chaff can be a bit bewildering. With that in mind, we've sat down, had a think and come up with our guide to the best lesser-known festivals coming up in the next few months.
Click on the picture on the right to launch our gallery
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'