Jay-Z and Kanye West dominate Last.fm singles chart with 'Throne' tracks
Tuesday 16 August 2011
American rap titans Jay-Z and Kanye West claim four of the top ten spots in Last.fm's international singles chart with tracks from their just-dropped collaborative album,
Watch the Throne. Also in the chart the week of August 7-14, British hitmaker Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" maintains its grip on the top spot, while American pop band Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" takes the second slot.
The four top tracks from Watch the Throne, which dropped digitally on August 8 and physically on August 12, include "Gotta Have It" with 22,549 listeners in fifth position. "No Church in the Wild (featuring Frank Ocean)" claims 21,680 listeners in seventh place, while "New Day" claims 20,841 listeners and takes the eighth spot in the top ten.
Adele's massive international hit "Rolling in the Deep" holds steady with 42,147 listeners this week, while pop star Katy Perry's hit "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" remains in sixth place with 21,784 listeners. Also, pop singer Lady Gaga's "Judas" drops two spots to tenth place with 19,805 listeners.
Last.fm's top tracks for August 7-14:
1. Adele - "Rolling in the Deep" (42,147 listeners) (no change)
2. Foster the People - "Pumped Up Kicks" (26,474 listeners) (+2)
3. Adele - "Set Fire to the Rain" (25,385 listeners) (-1)
4. Adele - "Someone Like You" (23,378 listeners) (+1)
5. Jay-Z and Kanye West - "Gotta Have It" (22,549 listeners) (new)
6. Katy Perry - "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" (21,784 listeners) (no change)
7. Jay-Z and Kanye West - "No Church in the Wild (featuring Frank Ocean)" (21,680 listeners) (new)
8. Jay-Z and Kanye West - "New Day" (20,841 listeners) (new)
9. Jay-Z and Kanye West - "Won Gon Stop Me" (20,432 listeners) (new)
10. Lady Gaga - "Judas" (19,805 listeners) (-3)
Last.fm claims more than 40 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Available in 12 languages, the site's radio service is free for desktop computer users in the UK, the US, and Germany; mobile devices require a subscription of €3 a month to stream music.
Using a system called "scrobbling," Last.fm's charts measure everything its users listen to through the Last.fm website as well as hundreds of other music sites and services, including iTunes, Spotify, and The Hype Machine.
Watch Foster the People perform "Pumped Up Kicks": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ&ob=av2e
TV review Nick Hewer, the man whose eyebrows speak a thousand words, is set to leave The Apprentice
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
The best underrated Christmas movies from Love, Actually to While You Were Sleeping
Grace Dent on TV: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies was a beautifully shot, immensely considered drama
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies, review: Jason Watkins is brilliant, but real victim Joanna Yeates is reduced to a footnote
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking Lana Del Rey rape video
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre