Mick Jagger turns 70: The Rolling Stones frontman's career in pictures
Take a trip to Memory Motel and remember the band through the decades. Happy Birthday Mick!
Mick Jagger turns 70 today and although the Rolling Stones frontman was mocked along with his bandmates for looking like ‘animated pensioners from a Wonga advert’ at Glastonbury, these pictures prove Jagger has always had the moves.
It might be difficult to imagine a youthful Jagger with the distinctive deep wrinkles U2’s Bono recently described as ‘beautiful’, but it’s easy to see where the rocker’s reputation as a ‘ladies’ man’ comes from, looking through these early shots.
In fact, a younger Jagger has been compared to One Direction’s Harry Styles, in looks and popularity, an association that will leave fans of the rolling Stones’ music cold. Take a trip to Memory Motel and flick through these pictures of Jagger over the decades. Happy Birthday Mick!
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up