Adele praises Kanye West's performance on Jools Holland in rare tweet
'Rolling in the Deep' singer offers the rapper a rare Twitter endorsement
In a rare tweet, Adele has praised Kanye West's performance on Later…With Jools Holland.
The singer, who tweets roughly once a month, sent out a message to her 18m followers in praise of West's performance.
She said: "God I love Kanye so much. Later with Jools is incredible tonight!"
West appeared on the BBC Two late night show alongside Sting, Kings of Leon, Drenge and Lorde to perform "Bound 2" from his latest album Yeezus.
The American singer and rapper reportedly asked for his dressing room carpet to be smoothed out ahead of his performance, after her complained of it being too "bumpy".
But West will have no reason to complain if Adele's tweet sends his track to the top of the charts.
Last month, a tweet sent by Adele urging her fans to buy an album by gothic folk duo The Civil Wars sent their record to number two in the charts.
In the only tweet she sent in August, Adele said: "Please go and get the new Civil Wars album. They’re my absolute favourite and the new record is beautiful! X"
The "Skyfall" singer, who entered Time's "100 most influential" list last year, uses her social media influence sparingly, making a tweeted endorsement all the more valuable.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >