Brief film teaser for Michael Jackson fans
Monday 14 September 2009
Michael Jackson fans were given a brief taste today of the glittering spectacle their late idol was planning at his string of axed shows.
A trailer for the movie This Is It, assembled from rehearsal footage and behind-the-scenes interviews, was unveiled ahead of the film's release next month.
The two-and-a-half-minute clip shows showstopping dance routines and dazzling stage sets which would have been used for the cancelled run of 50 shows at London's O2 Arena.
Jackson died in June just days before the comeback concerts were due to begin.
Re-enactments of his zombie dance routine for Thriller, moonwalks and stage sets featuring rainforests and night-time cityscapes are among the highlights of the teaser for the film, which is released on October 28.
Jackson can also be seen corralling his dancers and giving them the right rhythms as they run through a dance.
Kenny Ortega, who was overseeing the shows, has directed the film, which will be released for just two weeks.
Last week Jermaine Jackson pulled the plug on a tribute show he was planning for his brother in Vienna, Austria, later this month. It will be replaced by a show in the UK next summer, although details have still to be finalised.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers