Cheryl Cole turns rock chick to perform at V Festival
Tuesday 02 March 2010
Singer Cheryl Cole, who last week announced her split from husband Ashley Cole, has been lined up to perform solo at this year's V Festival.
The Girl's Aloud singer is an unusual choice for the typically rock music focused festival which will be headlined by indie veteran acts Kasabian and Kings of Leon, announced today.
Tickets go on sale this week for the 15-year-old festival which takes place at two venues, Weston Park and Hylands Park, annually in mid-August.
Other scheduled acts include Florence And The Machine, Stereophonics, The Prodigy, Paul Weller and Paolo Nutini.
The full line-up for the V Festival 2010:
Headlining: Kings of Leon
Acts confirmed across the weekend:
Pet Shop Boys
Florence and the Machine
Scouting for Girls
The Temper Trap
Chase and Status
Hylands Park - Saturday 21 August
Weston Park - Sunday 22 August
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >